[jcifs] SmbAuthException while calling list() on a SmbFile("smb://").

Michael P. Jung suriver at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 21:56:21 GMT 2004

After looking at the code fragment which throws the exception I don't
think that my setup causes all this anymore...

Line 191-193 in jcifs/smb/SmbSession.java:
if( response.isLoggedInAsGuest ) {
    throw new SmbAuthException( NtStatus.NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE );
}

So what shall happen if I _want_ to log in as guest? I just changed it a bit...

if( !request.auth.getUsername().toUpperCase().equals("GUEST") &&
response.isLoggedInAsGuest ) {
    throw new SmbAuthException( NtStatus.NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE );
}

Now it works as expected. Since the user "GUEST" could also be a
normal user account I'd rather use an empty string and/or null to
check wether isLoggedInAsGuest shall throw an exception.

I just patched it that way because I don't want to mess with the other
JCIFS internals like adding extra config variables, etc.

Thanks,
Michael