[jcifs] Jcifs, connect localhost without a network connection, SmbException: Connection refused:connect

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Oct 29 19:15:49 GMT 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:44:17 -0400
Julie_Zhu at dadebehring.com wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Do we really have to setup the Loopback adapter?
> We are going to install our application in our client's PC. It is not
> convenient to modify its network setting. The idea is that the application
> should work no matter there is network or not.

I seriously doubt you will find a way to make that work. JCIFS emulates
a CIFS client over a NetBIOS LAN. Without a network to communicate jCIFS
will simply not work. And if the host does not have a loopback device
there is no network for local communication. You would be much better
off using a little JNI to wrap whatever Win32 features you're looking for.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.