[jcifs] Authenticating against multiple domains

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Oct 28 18:25:20 GMT 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:24:14 +0000 (UTC)
Al <apotti at umich.edu> wrote:

> Yo,
>
> For my web application, my user base authenticates on different domains
> based on their location (say DOM1 and DOM2). Is it possible for the
> servlet filter mapping to allow authentication against multiple domains
> (IE try DOM1, if fails try DOM2), or is this something not possible with
> JCIFS?

>From the NTLM HTTP Auth documentation [1]:

  Either a jcifs.smb.client.domain or jcifs.smb.client.domainController
  property is required. This will be suitable to authenticate clients
  that are members of the specified domain as well as other domains with
  which it has trusts relationships.

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.