[jcifs] Jcifs, connect localhost without a network connection, SmbException: Connection refused:connect

Julie_Zhu at dadebehring.com Julie_Zhu at dadebehring.com
Thu Oct 28 14:57:36 GMT 2004

Did any one know how to solve this problem?

We have the similar situation. Every thing works fine with network
connection. However, as soon as the network connection is disabled, when we
use http://localhost to access the NTLM authentication site, it returns
with the exception. However, there is no problem to use the localhost to
access any other web apps on the machine.  So I think my windows XP network
setup should be OK.

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated very much.

Thanks,

Julie H. Zhu
302-631-6894

THIS E-MAIL MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY MATERIAL FOR THE SOLE
USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT.  ANY REVIEW, USE, DISTRIBUTION OR DISCLOSURE
BY OTHERS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT,
OR AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE THE INFORMATION FROM THE RECIPIENT, PLEASE CONTACT
THE SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND DELETE ALL COPIES OF THIS MESSAGE.