[jcifs] Problem with NTLM HTTP filter, upgrading: 0.7.15 to 1.1.0

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Oct 25 22:24:43 GMT 2004

Parke Jeff said:
> I added the loglevel property to the web.xml, and used your example
> web.xml file to use the recommended configuration
> (WINS/domain/username/password).
>
> Here is the adjusted filter configuration:

Config looks good.

> The same IE "The page cannot be displayed" error comes up.  The log
> contains the following top level messages:

Log looks like a successful authentication but it's not clear if it's the
creds in the filter config or from the web client.

> After this point, nothing else happens.  The request just ends.  I am
> restarting the container for every test.  I tried putting a breakpoint
> in the filter that immediately follows the NTLM filter and debugging the
> application to verify that the request is never leaving the NTLM filter,
> and it isn't.

It sounds like there might be an incompatibility with the container. What
type of container/host os is being used again?

> Are there any other suggestions for how I could
> troubleshoot this?

Shutdown the container, start a packet capture [1] on the HTTP server,
visit the sight with IE to trigger NTLM HTTP auth, and stop the capture.
Send the capture to me directly.

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html