[jcifs] Problem with NTLM HTTP filter, upgrading: 0.7.15 to 1.1.0

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Oct 22 21:51:25 GMT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:46:43 -0400
"Parke Jeff" <Parke.Jeff at PBGC.GOV> wrote:

> hitting the application with Internet Explorer 6, the 0.7.15 version
> works, authenticating and gives the following jCIFS log message:
>
> 04/10/22 11:31:31 Tutalii:
> C:\JDev9052\jdev\mywork\Spectrum\Spectrum\war\WEB-INF\lib\jcifs-0.7.15.j
> ar archive
>
> After upgrading to 1.1.0 and keeping the filter settings the same
> (keeping the entire application the same, just swapping the jar file in
> WEB-INF/lib), I do not get any jCIFS related log message and hitting the
> application in Internet Explorer results in a "The page cannot be
> displayed".

Your config should work. The ideal web.xml for 1.1 is this:

  view-source:http://jcifs.samba.org/src/examples/web.xml

Try it. Or add the loglevel parameter to your existing config to
see what's going on. Also note that many jCIFS properties are loaded
once. Depending on how your container loads classes it may be necessary
to restart it.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.