[jcifs] NTLM Auth, custom login page

Laurent Michenaud lmichenaud at adeuza.fr
Wed Oct 20 16:23:54 GMT 2004

I think that Oracle SSO uses the user-agent.

With IE, automatic authentification activated => i am logged and we can
see a 401 status code in the Apache log
With IE, automatic authentification desactivated => i've got the login
dialog box of the browser and we can see a 401 status code in the Apache log
With Firefox => i am redirected to the sso login page and there is no
401 status code in the Apache log

Is there any way to "crack" the user-agent property in the browser so
that, for example, the sso server believes it is IE instead of firefox ?