[jcifs] Connection bug in jarapac?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Oct 18 07:47:37 GMT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:16:58 +0200
"Martin D. Pedersen" <mdp at visanti.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm playing with the examples in jarapac.
> They seems to work fine when connecting to a Samba server.
> But when I connect to a Windows 2000 or 2003 server, I get an :
> jcfis.smb.SmbException : No process is on the other end of the pipe.
<snip>
> A simple hack to get up and running seems to be to remove the send(pdu)
> statement.
> [...]
> while (!context.isEstablished()) {
>                 pdu = context.accept(receive());
> }
> [...]
>
> The jarapac is now able to connect both to Samba,Win2000 and Win2003.
> But I'm not at all into the SMB protocol, so this might not at all be a
> working fix

Interesting feedback. Yeah, quite a bit of the security stuff has been
commented out. I doubt a lot of it was actually tested. Also, I recently
fixed serious flaws in the named pipe RPC transport that hasn't been
released yet. Jarapac/idlc/jcifs for MSRPC is still in a relatively
early phase.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.