[jcifs] Re: [Samba] Legal questions with jCIFS 0.8.2

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Oct 13 17:50:21 GMT 2004

Jerry:  Thanks for forwarding this.

Molly:  I'm out of the country at present, with limited and slow Internet
        access.  Please pardon the response delays.

Some quick notes:

- I work at the University of Minnesota so, when I'm back in the country,
  we can meet if you like.  Rochester is local, and I have friends
  scattered around your facility.

- jCIFS 0.8.2 is out of date.  We're currently on 1.1.0.  We have added a
  lot of features and cleaned up several bugs.  :)

- Generally, if someone wants to submit bug fixes we're very happy to have
  them.  As with all Open Source code, whether they submit code to an
  existing project or publish it themselves, the code they write is under
  their copyright.  As such, they are responsible for making sure they
  have the right to release the code under the GPL (or, in the jCIFS case,
  LGPL) license.

- I don't remember when 0.8.2 was released.  I would have to ask Mike
  (Allen).

Hope that helps!

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org