[jcifs] Davenport and Mac OS X

Kevin Chan kevin at media.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 8 00:35:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have been attempting to connect to Davenport using Mac OS X's native
webdav connection capabilities. As far as I have tested, this does not
appear to be possible as Mac OS X does not recognize NTLM authentication.

 From what I have found, it looks like the only way to implement Davenport
for access via Mac OS X via webdav (read and write) is to use "basic
authentication". Am I correct to assume, this means basic authentication
via Apache using htpasswd (or htdigest or whatever)? I was hoping that we
would be able to maintain one set of passwords for all of our users, so I
hope I am interpreting this inccorectly.

Also, is there any documentation on how to setup Davenport for connectivity
with Mac OS X? I have read through the API for Davenport, but
unfortunately, I am still confused as to how I should be setting up
Davenport for use with Mac OS X.

Thanks,

Kevin Chan

Systems Administrator