[jcifs] help! parse the ORPC protocol

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sat Oct 2 15:26:29 GMT 2004

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 08:04:41PM +0800, Xiaobo Li wrote:
:
> >On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 22:24:29 +0800
> >"Xiaobo Li" <xiaobo_zju at sohu.com> wrote:
> >

> >> hi all
> >> 	Is there anybody familiar with ORPC? I want to ask some questions.
> >
> >Never heard of it :-(
> Somebody calls it MS/RPC or DCOM, which is on top of DCE/RPC.

DCOM is Distributed Common Object Model.

MS-RPC is Microsoft's implementation of the RPC part of DCE/RPC.

DCE/RPC, in turn, is currently handled by The Open Group.  The
documentation that I pointed out should provide a starting point for
understanding DCOM over MS-RPC.

> And I can't catch the NDR part quite well.

It's possible that they're not actually doing NDR...

> So I post the question

Study The Open Group's docs.  That's the best information I have.
Anyone else?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org