[jcifs] jcifs-0.9.0 released / Documentation

eglass1 at comcast.net eglass1 at comcast.net
Mon May 31 11:35:27 GMT 2004

> Done. But you don't have to be so explicit about doing the tree connect.
> After moving that big crazy conditional into a separate method and
> creating a static final DEFAULT credentials preauth is simple because if
> recursion:

Yes, this is much better.

>   if( transport.isSignatureSetupRequired( auth )) {
>       if( auth.hashesExternal &&
> tlmPasswordAuthentication.DEFAULT_PASSWORD != null ) {
>           /* preauthentication
>            */
>           transport.getSmbSession( NtlmPasswordAuthentication.DEFAULT
> ).getSmbTree( LOGON_SHARE, null ).treeConnect( null, null );
>       }
>       request.digest = new SigningDigest( transport, auth );
>   }
>
> Also note, I don't think we want to do preauth unless
> jcifs.smb.client.password is set or we'll try to do preauth with GUEST
> creds.

True -- I was just figuring since signing would fail without preauth anyways,
might as well try it.  Actually, if GUEST is enabled (which I know it often isn't),
would this set up signing as well?  I can never remember if GUEST auth
"counts" for signing, or if it's like the anonymous user (where no signing is
done).

Eric