[jcifs] SmbFile("smb://") problem.

David Emo. David.emo at penbase.com
Sat May 29 16:54:55 GMT 2004

Hi, first i'd like to thank for your great job. It's really powerfull and
usefull.
I have some problem with the line :
SmbFile smbf = new SmbFile("smb://");
smbf.list();
It causes a exception like that :
jcifs.smb.SmbException: Failed to connect to server
java.net.UnknownHostException: ..__MSBROWSE__.<01>

I try :
SmbFile smbf = new SmbFile("smb://MYWORKGROUP/");
smbf.list();
It causes a exception like that :
jcifs.smb.SmbException: smb://MYWORKGROUP/
java.net.UnknownHostException: MYWORKGROUP

With ;
SmbFile smbf = new SmbFile("smb://Computer1/");
smbf.list();
i got the good result but it misses a directory in the list (a directory
called "Projets Annexes" and when i do :
SmbFile smbf = new SmbFile("smb://MYWORKGROUP/Projets Annexes/");
smbf.list();
I can list the different shared files.
SO if you can give an explaination to help me to understand my problem.
Thanks a lot.