[jcifs] XSLT

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu May 27 08:21:23 GMT 2004

Julian Reschke said:
> Michael B Allen wrote:
>> Eric said:
>>
>>>I *think* you're asking for an identity transform, with some small
>>>overrides to cover certain tags; is this correct?  See:
>>>
>>>http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/identity.html#d5059e43
>>

>> If I have a link with an & entity in the XML:
>>
>> <a
>> href="http://www.linux-mag.com/cgi-bin/printer.pl?issue=2001-05&article=smb">
>>
>> This is converted to & in the HTML output which fails in the HTML
>> validator. Am I supposed to escape the escape?
>
> If an identity transformation (possibly with HTML output mode) converts
> this to a single ampersand character, then the XSLT engine is buggy.
> Which one is it?

I'm not sure. I'm using the builtin 'style' task of Ant 4 with the
optional jar. From reading the docs which processor you use is highly
dependant on what is in the CLASSPATH and what loads. So I'm not sure how
to decipher what's going on.

Another problem I have is that passing params into the transform does not
appear to work. I know I'm doing it right as the same technique is used by
XT which I've used stand-alone for some time. The processor must not
support them. That's going to need to work in the near future.

I suspect I need to upgrade Ant but I would be interested in hearing other
solutions. Simpler would be better. Like a c program that doesn't need
"optional" jars or try to load whatever implementation of some interface.

The docs look pretty good though so I can't complain too much.