[jcifs] can't get workgroup list with 0.9.0b

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed May 19 07:23:17 GMT 2004

frank jenkins said:
> I'm getting a
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException: The referenced account is currently locked out and
> may not be logged on to.
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:663)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:178)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:138)
>
> exception on the following code:
>
>      SmbFile  f = new SmbFile("smb://");
>      String[] groups = f.list();
>
> but I don't get it with 0.8.0b.
>
> Any idea whats up with that?

If you run with -Djcifs.util.loglevel=10 (note this has changed from
-Djcifs.util.log=ALL in previous releases) what are the accountName fields
in the SmbComSessionSetups? I don't believe the behavior for this changed.
By default jCIFS will use jcifs.smb.client.{domain,username,password} if
supplied otherwise GUEST and fail over to trying "null" credentials. Maybe
if the GUEST account is locked out jCIFS gives up too quickly?

The fastest way to fix this is with a packet capture [1].

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html