[jcifs] jCIFS NtlmHttpFilter

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu May 6 23:10:07 GMT 2004

Brett Beaumont said:
> Is there an ETA for jcifs-0.9.0 being released? I've discovered that our
> client doesn't currently have Win2003 domain controllers as I'd thought.
> However, there is a project that is aiming to cut across to 2003 in

Yes, 0.9 will probably be released in the next week or so. It's just a
cleanup release to reduce cruft, refactor, fixe little problems and
implement workarounds for things like SMB signing w/ NTLM HTTP Auth, etc.

> Under our
> current load, mod_ntlm seems to encounter a lot of broken pipe errors,
> which I'm hoping jCIFS doesn't encounter.

I've never used mod_ntlm but several people have confirmed that the jCIFS
NtlmHttpFilter scales pretty well to thousands of users. The feedback has
been genuinely good.