[jcifs] jCIFS NtlmHttpFilter

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu May 6 18:38:56 GMT 2004

Brett Beaumont said:
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> One thing that should give jCIFS a huge scalability plus over mod_ntlm is
> that mod_ntlm authenticates connections, whereas the NtlmHtptFilter
> authenticates sessions.

JCIFS is definately highly scalable. I was designed from day 1 to reuse
transports, sessions, and tree connects optimally. If you use
jcifs.netbios.wins and jcifs.smb.client.domain it will alternate between
the list of servers in that domain based on the name service
jcifs.netbios.cachePolicy opening at most jcifs.smb.client.ssnLimit
sessions on each transport. There is a lot of tweeking via properties that
can be done to control how jCIFS will find and communicate with domain
controllers and multiplex or not multiples sessions over transports.
Unfortunately I don't personally run any sites that use it and there have
been no exploration of what property values should be used to get maximum
throughput.