[jcifs] java.io.IOException: no andx command supplied withre sponse

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue May 4 18:43:24 GMT 2004

Jerry Jalenak said:
> According to the API documentation -
>
> The following:
>
> 		jcifs.netbios.wins
> 		jcifs.wins
> 		wins
>
> 	are all identical. The more lengthy versions need only be used to
> avoid namespace conflicts.
> 	See the jcifs.util.PropertiesTree class for more information.

But PropertiesTree is gone in 0.9 so get in the habit of using the full
property names. Regardless the useBatching = false should have fixed it.
I'll look at the code but the only way to really fix this in a timely
manner is to get a capture [1] of Win2000 client communicating with this
"snap appliance" so we can fix jCIFS to behave properly with servers that
do not support batching.

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html