[jcifs] Re: restrict acces to serveral user

Eric eglass1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 00:19:23 GMT 2004

> OK, so if I have to have a domain group created, is there any limitation
> to where in the AD structure it needs to be placed?! Just want to have
> all the info I need before I go bug those guys :)

A good question; I'm not terribly familiar with active directory
management, or how the groups show up in the RAP calls.  You should be
able to do:

NtlmPasswordAuthentication auth =
         NtlmPasswordAuthentication("DOMAIN", "user", "password);
String[] groups = jcifs.rap.UserUtilities.getGroups("DOMAIN",
         "user", auth);
for (int i = 0; i < groups.length; i++) {
     System.out.println(groups[i]);
}

This should print out all the groups DOMAIN\user is in; you could
probably just have them create the new groups wherever those groups live.

Eric