[jcifs] Re: restrict acces to serveral user

Eric eglass1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 00:14:03 GMT 2004

> So, is there some way I can test this out locally (without having to create
> groups on our AD system?) Do I just point the filter at my local IP for
> authentication and create groups on my local system?

Not currently; local groups require RPC functionality (from what I can
tell).  Global groups (or domain groups) are accessible via the RAP
group calls.  If you run it against a non-DC, you'll get a single group
named "None".  I suppose this is kind of a test, as the "None" string is
actually what the server sends over the wire.  But that probably doesn't
help you :/

Eric