[jcifs] Re: Named Pipe

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Mar 16 01:10:36 GMT 2004

Bill Mortimer said:
> There's been a new requirement to connect to a named pipe
> server that is configured in non-blocking mode(PIPE_NOWAIT). I haven't
> found any references in the JCIFS documentation about this. Do you know if
> it's possible to connect a JCIFS client to a non-blocking named pipe
> server? Can you point me to any information about this?

Never tried. If PIPE_NOWAIT is triggered by the client it will be
necessary to implement the SetNamedPipeHandleState call (simple).
Otherwise I would just try it as is with the different pipe modes. It
might already work in which case I suspect you will get an
ERROR_PIPE_LISTENING when the pipe is empty in which case you will have to
do sleep or do whatever you would need to do in that case.

If you send me a packet capture [1] of the desired traffic I might have
more input.

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html