[jcifs] restrict acces to serveral user

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Mar 10 00:53:14 GMT 2004

stephan.helas at e-7.com said:
> Hello,
>
> i use ntlm http filter for authentication in jspwiki.
> now i want to restrict access with jcifs to serveral people, who could
> login.
>
> HOw can i configure the filter in tomcat for restricting access?

There is no way to do that using jCIFS but of course you can disable users
accounts on the domain controller.

There's another relatively easy trick that you can do though. In
SmbSession.logon() change IPC$ to something like AUTHCTRL (I should really
make this a property). Then create a share on your "domainController" with
this name and tweek it's access control list. Instant group based access
control!