[jcifs] Guest user - anonymous login

Naved Khan navedk at cybage.com
Tue Mar 9 07:20:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to use anonymous login (using GUEST username) for SmbFile??

I'm trying to access a file which exists in a locally shared folder. This folder has been given access to the GUEST user (both machine and domain).

When I use :

SmbFile smbFile = new SmbFile("smb://machine/shared/test.dat");
boolean exists = smbFile.exists();

I get a "jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Access denied" exception. I have tried all the possible combinations.

I also tried :
SmbFile smbFile = new SmbFile("smb://machine/shared/test.dat", new NtlmPasswordAuthentication("?", "GUEST", ""));

Nothing seem to work here. I'm stuck.

Is there anyway I can use the above code using guest user?

Thanks and regards,
Naved