[jcifs] ERROR_MORE_DATA from NetServerEnum2

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Mar 9 04:37:27 GMT 2004

Eric said:

>> I thought RAPs only handled upto 64K of data?
>>

> I *think* they can handle more (via secondary requests for additional
> data); the appendix previously mentioned seems to imply this, and
> glancing over samba's clitrans.c (cli_send_trans and cli_receive_trans,
> which is what ends up getting called by clirap.c's cli_api) looks like
> they implement something similar.  When I did the rap stuff, I didn't
> really bother digging into it (it really was just some quick and dirty
> poking around).  Could be useful to look at though.

After a quick google:

Leach, Naik                                             [Page 10]

INTERNET-DRAFT    CIFS/E Browser Protocol        January 10, 1997

A Master Browser MUST periodically announce itself to all browsers for
<snip>

    Note: The list of servers that the Master Browser maintains and
    returns to the Backup Browsers, is limited in size to 64K of
    data. This will limit the number of systems that can be in a
    browse list in a single workgroup or domain to approximately two
    thousand systems.

I'm pretty sure this is why I thought RAPs could handle only 64K.