[jcifs] timezone problems

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Mar 8 19:14:57 GMT 2004

Julian Reschke said:
> I'm not sure why JCifs is trying to compensate for DST differences here.

Because it's required to generate the correct time. See the CIFS docs for
details.

> Anyway, this seems to the reason why java.io.File and SmbFile report
> different times for the same file on my machine, if the timestamp falls
> into a DST month.

Please provide an example program that illustrates this problem. I just
recently checked getting and setting stamps 6 months back and confirmed
that examples/FileInfo.java reports the same as what is displayed in
Explorer on the target (on Windows NT 4 anyway).

Mike