[jcifs] Re: Volunteering

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sun Mar 7 02:21:27 GMT 2004

joe_devlin said:
> I can offer, I hope, some help to jarapac.  My skills

As far as I'm concerned Jarapac is in a holding pattern at the moment (but
Eric just popped his head up recently so maybe he has something different
to say about that). I have plans for the wire encoding/decoding problems
in the form of an IDL compiler that generates very concise NDR routines.
Unfortunately I'm not in the habit of sharing code until I think it's in a
form that represents the proper direction I want to go with it.

I hope you're still around when I get around to that. Once we have
IDL->Java stubs working there will be a lot of work to do. It should be a
lot of fun though. I'm sure we'll attract a couple of hotshots when we get
it working well. I'm looking forward to it.

Mike

> include java and network programming and some reverse
>
> engineering within those disciplines.  I have implemented a
>
> DCE/RPC endpoint mapper in java, and have (unfortunately)
>
> some familiarity with NDR.  I have used jcifs and Eric's RAP

Gotta link?