[jcifs] NTLM authentication / security policy in AD

eglass1 at comcast.net eglass1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 15:31:40 GMT 2004

> OK - we thought that we can add this computer in security policy in AD and
> everything will work because this computer name was the same for all
> users. But after restart of web server the computer name changed to
> JCIFS1_27_4B. So our idea to add this computer in user profile in AD
> wouldn't help.

Set the "jcifs.netbios.hostname" property to the desired value; you can do
this in the web.xml for the filter:

<init-parameter>
    <parameter-name>jcifs.netbios.hostname</parameter-name>
    <parameter-value>MYHOSTNAME</parameter-value>
</init-parameter>

You would then add "MYHOSTNAME" as a permitted computer.

Eric