FW: [jcifs] Authenticate web Application with domain LoginId andpassword

Eric eric.glass at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 01:02:26 GMT 2004

vijay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please elaborate about the example of using "jcifs-rap-0.8.0b1" for
> my problem.
>
>  where can I found some sample code to start with.

Quoting from a post to the list a few days ago:

Security.addProvider(new
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider());
NtlmPasswordAuthentication mycreds =
new NtlmPasswordAuthentication("domain", "normaluser", "password");
NtlmPasswordAuthentication auth =
new NtlmPasswordAuthentication("domain", "Administrator", "adminpass");
if (UserUtilities.changePassword(mycreds,"newpassword",auth))
System.out.println("Success");

This uses the administrator account to change normaluser's password to
"newpassword".  Password changes (and setting the password on created
accounts) requires an ARC4 cipher provider; this is the BouncyCastle
provider above, available from http://www.bouncycastle.org.  The rap
package contains a "CreateUser.java" example in the examples directory
to create a user; deleting is fairly similar.

Eric