[jcifs] Authenticate web Application with domain LoginId andpassword

eglass1 at comcast.net eglass1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 10:13:55 GMT 2004

> > I have my web application running in tomcat4.1.29 on windows OS, right now
> > web application authenticate user with the loginID and password stored in
> > oracle database, but now I want to authenticate the user with there domain
> > login-id and password.
>
> See the documentation on our website regarding the NtlmHttpFilter.

It's also possible to use a form-based scheme (if that is what you're
looking for).  Container-based authentication isn't available, although you
could write a provider using whatever container-specific API is available
from your container vendor.

> > What should I used to do this, I would also required to edit and delete
> > the
> > domain LoginId and password through my web application is it possible?
>
> It might be with Eric's jcifs-rap branch but I haven't tried it.

Should be (although the rap stuff is a bit experimental).  Changing the
password requires knowledge of the current account password; adding/deleting
users requires a domain administrator account.

Eric