[jcifs] Requirements on the NT Domain Controller for Authentication

Konsella, Shane shane.konsella at hp.com
Mon Jun 28 20:06:54 GMT 2004

I have implemented authentication for arbitrary credentials according to
the FAQ at:

   http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/faq.html#auth

It has worked well for me with my network's Domain Controller for weeks,
but failed with a "connection refused" io exception for a couple of
hours the other day. Although authentication failed, I was able to
'ping' the Domain Controller's IP address. My assumption is that my IT
department may have been changing something on the Domain Controller
during that time, but I don't know what might have changed or why it
affected me. (I know nothing of NT domain controllers or security
infrastructure.)

I'm hoping someone on this list can answer the following questions:

1. What are the requirements on the NT Domain Controller for this
implementation to work?

2. How do I verify that my domain controller satisfies these
requirements?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Shane Konsella