[jcifs] workgroup servers list

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sun Jun 27 03:06:15 GMT 2004

Alexander Buloichik said:
> Hi, All !
>
> I have problem with cifs 0.9.2. When I call
>
>       new SmbFile("smb://myworkgroupname/").listFiles();
>
> then cifs returns only first 88 servers from workgroup. Version 0.8.2
> works much better ;)

This is strange because prior to 0.9 jCIFS could only enumerate one 64K
buffer full of servers. With 0.9.0b jCIFS added support for the
NetServerEnum3 RAP command to retrieve secondary bufferers permitting the
client to enumerate all  workgroups and servers. Perhaps you have the jar
files reversed?

If not, please send me a capture [1] of the good and bad behavior.

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html