[jcifs] Windows User Groups

eglass1 at comcast.net eglass1 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 14:35:18 GMT 2004

The "jcifs-rap" distribution has this functionality (listing the domain groups in which
a user has membership); if you're using the HTTP filter, this will show up through
the request.isUserInRole().  I'm currently revisiting a lot of the RAP stuff (looking
at next week sometime to put out an update, along with some other interesting
items).  Note that these are domain groups (on a real domain controller), and not
local machine groups (enumerating those requires RPC).

If you want to "scope" the users authenticated through the filter, you can set the
"jcifs.smb.client.logonShare" to a specific share name (i.e., "PROTECTED"); then
apply windows-side permission restrictions to that share on the server.  This will
effectively allow authentication only for users with access to the given share.

Eric