[jcifs] how to authenticate windows 2003 using jcifs.

Praveen Munukuru Praveen.Munukuru at harmonicinc.com
Wed Jun 9 23:38:07 GMT 2004

Hi Guys,

I am very new to JCIFS.

We are using jcifs-0.7.3.jar for to authenticate windows 2000 and
struts frame work for java applications.
Now our company is upgrading windows from 2000 to 2003.
Please guide me, what I have to do make it work with windows 2003.

We are keeping .java.login.config in windows documents directory.

Our web xml looks like this:

<Filter>
        <filter-name>NTLM HTTP Authentication Filter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
            <param-value>xx.xx.xxx.xxx</param-value>
        </init-param>

    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>NTLM HTTP Authentication Filter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

Thanks In advance.

Praveen.