[jcifs] Signing is required by the server but passwords are external

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Jul 28 22:05:15 GMT 2004

Mush Salee said:
> Mike/Eric,
>
> thanks , I have upgraded as suggested to 0.9.6, added the additional
> jcifs.http.domainController entry into the web.xml. Unfortuntaly I am
> still
> getting the same error i.e; I get prompted for the logon 3 time and then a
> blank web page. I have checked the tomcat logs and noticed; I'm getting
> error 401.
>
> I'm using windows 2003 server with xp profesional. Any thoughts on why
> this
> may be occuring.

Sounds like it's quite simply not working. Three-strikes-you're-out sounds
like the account is getting locked out. Look at the lmCompatibility
property maybe. Try enabling logging with a jcifs.util.loglevel
init-param. Collect a packet trace [1]. Ask your network admins if the
server supports NTLMv1. Etc....

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html