[jcifs] Signing is required by the server but passwords are external

Mush Salee nimrod786 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 20:36:11 GMT 2004

Guys,

thank you for the advise I have upgraded to the latest version as suggested
below. I am no longer getting the error. However, I get prompted 3 times for
a userid and password then the browser goes to a blank page.

I am using xp and ms server 2003. I'm trying to use JCIF to authernticate NT
users using NTLM. I guess the reason i am being prompted for the logon is
down to an incorrect configuration.

I am a novice so please be patient :-)

the web.xml looks like this

<web-app>
  <filter>
    <filter-name>NTLM Authentication Filter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>jcifs.smb.domain</param-name>
      <param-value>MyDomainEARTH</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>jcifs.smb.username</param-name>
      <param-value>MyNTadministrator</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>jcifs.smb.password</param-name>
      <param-value>myNTPassword</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </filter>