[jcifs] Re: JCIFS Windows vs Linux

Al apotti at umich.edu
Tue Jul 27 16:22:35 GMT 2004

Yes the proxy server uses NTLM authentication. The tricky thing is that there
isn't just one proxy server (the initial script we use calls autoproxy:9090
which directs it from there), which makes thing tougher (if not impossible).

But you were right, the windows version has similar problems (When i tested
initially, I didn't think the proxy was the issue, so I guess
using "localhost" doesn't count :)

Is there some setting to get around the proxy server (or at least keep the
request "alive" for authentication to complete)?

Alvin