[jcifs] Using port 445 instead of 139 with NtlmHttpFilter

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 15:20:10 GMT 2004

jCIFS 0.9.6 adds the infrastructure necessary to generate/verify
challenges from a port other than 139, although the filter itself
doesn't have an option to use this functionality currently.  The
bigger issue for you is that 445 is special; it uses "naked" SMB.
Normal SMB (port 139) is "SMB over NetBIOS over TCP".  445 is SMB over
TCP (without NetBIOS "encapsulation").  I believe Mike was at one
point looking at support for this?  I'm not sure the level of effort
involved though.

Eric

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:47:55 +0200, m_stanski at poczta.onet.pl