[jcifs] No response to NTLM challenge

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 15:08:14 GMT 2004

What does the server-side environment look like (container, web
server, etc.)?  This would appear to be a client issue (in that it's
dropping the handshake inexplicably), but is likely caused by a
configuration issue.  Is the filter running under an external web
server (i.e., apache with mod_jk rather than via the container's own
web server)?  One thing to check is whether the web server is closing
the HTTP connection when it sends the Type 2 back to the client; it
should be set up for persistent connections (keep-alive).

Your web.xml looks fine; if you have a packet trace between the client
and the web server, you can send it to me directly and I'll take a
look.

Eric