[jcifs] Windows Groups

Michael Carrick carsick at carsick.plus.com
Thu Jul 22 16:09:33 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to authenticate a user an on W2K box. All valid users authenticate correctly against IPC$, but when I try to setup a share and restrict the access to that by group all users that authenticated against IPC$ are still valid against the share. I used jcifs.smb.client.logonShare to set the share I wanted to authenticate against. I have tried setting it to deny access to everyone as well as just taking away any access and setting it to only available to admin. The user i am trying to authenticate with is a member of a newly created group that has no special permissions.
Windows seems to be correctly authenticating if i access the shares using explorer, but with jcifs everybody gets permission if the share exists.
I hope I'm not waffling too much, this has been getting to me all day.
I'm hoping the problem is just me being stupid, please feel free to point this out if it so.

Thanks.

MJC