[jcifs] Authentication problem using NTLMHttpFilter with jcifs 0.9.5

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Wed Jul 7 01:39:03 GMT 2004

Holger Hartmann said:

> Only jcifs.http.domainController.

Holger,

I have tried the 0.9.5 NtlmHttpFilter and I cannot reproduce the error
you're seeing. It works as advertised for me. Perhaps you can figure out
how to log debugging information. Edit jcifs/http/NtlmHttpFilter.java and
add jcifs.util.LogStream.setInstance( new FileOutputStream(
"C:\temp\jcifs.log" ) *before any jcifs classes are accessed* and also set
jcifs.Config.setProperty( "jcifs.util.loglevel", "10" ). I think that will
log everything to the named file.

Actually I did have one problem. The SMB authentication was constantly
failing for me. No matter what I did or what version I used (even 0.8.3)
it always failed. I even managed to lock my account at one point. I tried
closing my browsers, no luck. I tried logging off, no luck. Finally I
rebooted (the client machine) and suddenly it worked. That's the first
time I've seen that. Usually just closing all browsers is enough to get IE
to start the negotiation from scratch. Go figure.