[jcifs] Re: Using jCIFS with TomCat mod_jk on Sun One Web Server as a Proxy Server

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 00:15:43 GMT 2004

The server is sending a Connection:close header with the Type 2
challenge.  What is likely happening is that the HTTP server is
interpreting the 401 response from the application server to mean that
the connection should be physically closed.  This breaks the NTLM
handshake however (as it requires the connection to be kept alive from
the Type 1 on).

Eric

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:26:49 +0100, stevendunn at btconnect.com