[jcifs] Re: Using jCIFS with TomCat mod_jk on Sun One Web Server as a Proxy Server

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Jul 6 23:42:21 GMT 2004

stevendunn at btconnect.com said:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for the reply, I tried using Ethereal as suggested and got some
> output log. I
> don't know what to make of it yet. I've attached it to see if you can make
> head or tail of
> it. I do see one or two connection

It's hard to tell what's happening. At first it looks like the
Authenticate request is being intercepted by lower layer that does NTLM
because a session request is transmitted with a calling name of SHAKA
whereas jCIFS would use a dynamically generated name like JCIFS123_4A
unless the jcifs.netbios.hostname property was set. But then the Negotiate
request that follows only shows one dialect which is characteristic of
jCIFS. Otherwise it looks like the negotiation get's to the very end where
the type-3-message is sent but the HTTP server immediately closes the
connection without a response. One way to determine if jCIFS is really in
contol is to set the jcifs.http.domainController property to some generic
workstation. If you trace that and see the Session Request and Negotiate
Protocol Request are going to the workstation IP I think it would mean
jCIFS is in control. But then you still have the problem of deciphering
why the server is closing the connection without warning at the very end.
You could try to flip on all logging in jCIFS and seeing if it's something
happening in jCIFS.