[jcifs] Authentication problem using NTLMHttpFilter with jcifs0.9.5

Gary Rambo grambo at aventail.com
Tue Jul 6 10:41:48 GMT 2004

Mike,

Is source code available for 0.9.5?

Thanks.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: jcifs-bounces+c-grambo=aventail.com at lists.samba.org on behalf of Michael B Allen
Sent: Tue 7/6/2004 12:22 AM
To: Holger Hartmann
Cc: jcifs at samba.org
Subject: Re: [jcifs] Authentication problem using NTLMHttpFilter with jcifs0.9.5

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:52:46 +0200
"Holger Hartmann" <Holger.Hartmann at abaxx.de> wrote:
> see attached the 2 logfiles for each jcifs version when using
> NtlmHttpFilter.

It looks like the authentication sets up to use the supplied creds but then
bails out without any communication with the server and decides to use GUEST
instead which fails (probably because GUEST is disabled). That is odd. Are
you using any properties?

> You mention that (in 0.8.3) you suspect authentication fails every time
> and only 'loggin in as GUEST' is triggered. Besides IE (which enables
> automatic login) i tried it with mozilla (which also supports NTLM). In
> case of Mozilla, the first time a popup box comes up and i do have to
> supply the correct password. Otherwise the NtlmHttpFilter fails. So to me
> there must be kind of a 'real' authentication in 0.8.3.

If you enter a bogus username what happends?

I didn't check 0.9.5 too much before sending it out because I haven't
changed anything related to NTLM HTTP auth but I'll set it up and sanity
check it. Meanwhile 0.8.3 should work fine for you provided GUEST is
disabled (which it appears it is).

Mike

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.