[jcifs] lmguest without password does not work with Samba 3.0

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Jan 30 09:01:18 GMT 2004

Kammerloher, Josef said:
> Hello,
> I have a jCifs program which logs on to Samba 2.0.7 as 'lmguest' without
> password.
> The same program does not run against Samba 3.0.0.
> I always get "Access denied".
> Is this a jCifs or a Samba3.0 problem ?
> Thanks a lot,
> Josef

Impossible to tell but considering samba is the variant here I would first
suspect that something has changed. Try other clients. If they work,
please take a packet capture[1] of a client that works (preferribly
Windows 2000) and of jCIFS failing and send both to me directly.

Mike

[1] http://users.erols.com/mballen/jcifs/capture.html