[jcifs] jcifs-0.7.19 released

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Jan 26 20:16:52 GMT 2004

andrea.lanza at frameweb.it said:
> the result:
> If I try it on a server Win2000 is OK
> If I try it on a server W2k3 it IS NOT OK !
>
> this is the error:
>
> Eccezione in MkCopyServlet.doTutto:  jcifs.smb.SmbException: Unverifiable
> signature.

So Win2000 just isn't negotiating signatures.

> If you go and see the  server, you find a new file colled
> robocopy.exe.copy: its size is 16384 bytes (actually the buffer size)
>
> So the problem is really the second read, not the first write.

Exactly. Verifying the second read.

> So the problem  appears not to be the NT4sp6 server
> I did not try this example on the other tomcat server, acting on NT4sp6 ,
> already having the problem on w2k Professional.
> I am using jcifs 0.7.19.
>
> So Mike is right, still some problems exist !
> I never copyed a file from a server to the some server, actually I only
> upload-download from my intranet server to some browser client
> passing throw my "samba-gateway".
>

> hope this helps,

It does. It means that it's not some "glitch" in NTsp6. Its either
something wrong with the jCIFS code or there's some low level networking
thing going on like some out-of-band data that we can't see because we're
using Java is being factored into the signature on the server. I'm pretty
stumped though so I'm going to leave it for now.