[jcifs] using jgss with spnego for SSO

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Jan 1 10:52:39 GMT 2004

> Hi,
>
>       Kudos for the jcifs team for the NTLMFilter... It was great to have
> the filter working with such a simple setup.. I was wondering if it is
> worth trying to do the same with the SPNEGO and JGSS Api in jdk 1.4.

I believe Eric did explore this a little and at one point posted some code. But I
don't believe it was "serious" and he never mentioned it again.

> Especially the spnego token exchange part . There seems to be only one
> public API to do it ..unfortunately it is in c provided by microsoft. Has
> anybody tried or even considered to try it in Java?....I am about  to try
> to do it...but I wanted to know if there is anybody who could give me some
> pointers...

I know wedgetail.com has done a lot of work in the area of SSO including SPNEGO
(although I believe they actually use jCIFS code for one reason or another).

Personally I've never even looked at it. Eric figured out all the NTLM details.

A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are
conceptually similar and, more  important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.