[jcifs] ERRSRV/89 (ERRnoresource)

Scovetta, Michael V Michael.Scovetta at ca.com
Fri Feb 27 17:28:15 GMT 2004

Hello--
   I am using jCIFS (the NTLM authorization filter for Tomcat) to handle authentication on a web site.
Sporadically, I get an exception:

jcifs.smb.SmbException: No description available [ERRSRV/89]
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:771)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:140)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:103)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:132)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:56)
        at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:130)

ERRSRV/89 is "No resources currently available for this request".

However, I can't find any documentation or explanation of what that actually means. I sounds like
it's coming from the domain controller, but I can't imagine the DC running out of resources. Can
anyone give me an explanation of what this error means (and what I can do to remedy it)?

Thank you in advance,

Mike Scovetta