[jcifs] NT Status Code Descriptions?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Feb 16 02:03:09 GMT 2004

Christopher R. Hertel said:
> Mike,
>
>> > 1 0x00000000 0x00000000 NT_STATUS_OK
>> > 0 0xc0000001 0x001f0001 NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
>> > 1 0xc0000002 0x00010001 NT_STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED
>
> I recognize the second field (the stuff that usually starts with
> 0xc00...).  Do you know what the first and third are?

Of course. I generated this file a while back from samba code (nterr.c or
something like that). I wrote a program to dump the codes, corresponding
DOS error (3rd field), and polished it up with vi. The first field is just
a flag. The idea is to write a program to read this file and generate the
necessary Java source code definition. The flag indicates which error
codes we're interested in although as you can see they aren't quite right
-- certainly we're interested in more error codes than the ones that are
flagged. I was just goofing off at the time.

I have started to write a program based on the RtlNtStatusToDosError
function you spoke of. If that works we can just run the program and copy
the output into jCIFS. As we become more interested in various errors we
can flip on more flags and regenerate the code.