[jcifs] NTLM authentication on intranet pops up authentication window

Vara varaprashanth at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 18:47:59 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to get JCIFS working inside a domain. When I try and access a
webpage on the intranet, it still pops up an authentication window. Isn't
authentication supposed to be automatic? Under what conditions would this
happen? and how would I go about debugging the problem. In case this helps,
intranet requests go through a proxy. I debugged the request headers at the
server, and the authentication is still NTLM after entering the user name and
pwd...but I want this to be automatic.

Any suggestions would be of great help.
Thanks
Vara