[jcifs] Re: [Davenport-general] WebDAV Level 2 support

eglass1 at comcast.net eglass1 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 16:58:04 GMT 2004

> davenport seems to be missing webdav level 2 support, so on a Macintosh,
> any webdav share can only be accessed in read-only mode.  Coordinating
> smb locking with webdav locking might make matters difficult.  Is that
> coordination one of the reasons why level 2 support has not been added?

The issue is more bandwith than technical.  I haven't had time to sit down and
dig into locking.  Coordinating the two mechanisms may or may not be difficult,
as I haven't even begun looking at it yet.  That's probably the biggest area
for improvement (well, other than producing a stable release ;)).  This is also
the reason MS Office won't save directly to a Davenport web folder.

Eric